Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The ultimate fan

I have a news. Its kinda strange but definitely pleasant. Well..at least to me :-).

Let me ask a question. How big a fan you are of Microsoft? I know there are quite a few Microsoft fans around here and they will have all sorts of things to justify that they are the biggest fans. But wait... the fan that I am talking about is definitely the biggest fan of Microsoft.

Microsoft MVP Bil Simser named his daughter "Vista Avalon Simser". I don't have to say what Vista is. Avalon was the codename for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). And Simser ofcourse is Bil's family name.

There is something more to it. If Bil had had a son instead of a daughter, he says, he would have made sure that his son's initials read as DOS (the first name being "Dev").

Geeks do all sort of things (which may sound weird but trust me, we have our sentiments attached to things we do). This is just one of them. I am now waiting for more of these. How about having names like - Zune, Linux, iPod, William 2.0(instead of Willuam Jr.)

For those of you who still don't believe me on this story, Bil runs a blog titled Fear and Loathing on weblogs.asp.net. And here is the post that introduced Vista Avalon Simser to the world. You are already famous baby girl!!!

No comments: